Wednesday, August 28, 2013

HAMLET meets THE VAGINA in DELHI


HAMLET meets THE VAGINA in DELHI

1.       HAMLET-THE CLOWN PRINCE -5th , 6th and 7th SEP at KAMANI AUDITORIUM, DELHI

Atul Kumar, the man behind Company theatre (also an alumnus of St. Xavier's Delhi, he passed out of 12th standard the year I walked in prep, guess the school couldn’t handle both of us at the same time) who enthralled DELHI with his directorial effort in the smash hit play NOISES OFF is back but this time as an actor, in a play which is directed by RAJAT KAPOOR (the man who was bugged by VINEY PATHAK in BHEJA FRY), the play also stars KALKI KOECHLIN (DEV D, ZINDAGI NAA MILEGI DOBAARA -please don’t make me say she is ANURAAG KASHYAP’s better half), NEIL BHOOPALAM (SHAITAAN and NOISES OFF) and NAMIT DAS (WAKE UP SID and GHANCHAKKAR). The story revolves around a bunch of clowns who are trying to enact, hold your breath, HAMLET. 

2.       THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES- 5th and 6th OCT at EPICENTRE, GURGAON
It is a cardinal sin to miss out on this play and I admit I am a serial offender, however I have made amends and logged on to book my show and booked my tickets. Starring SONALI SACHDEV, AVANTIKA AKREKAR, MAHABANOO-MODY-KOTWAL (love her name and her smile), DOLLY THAKORE (Imposing presence and Bindi) and JAYATI BHATIA (a regular on Television). Written by EVE ENSLER, this is a global phenomenon and is a must for all lovers of arts and expression. Let’s talk about the big O, oops I mean lets hear about the big O.

No comments:

Post a Comment