Sunday, April 28, 2013

WEEKEND POOJA AT HOME (PART 2) -The Guests Have Arrived


WEEKEND POOJA AT HOME (PART 2) -The Guests Have Arrived

The comedy of errors started when I got up at 7 AM on the day of the POOJA, as compared to the sharp 6 AM that I get up every morning. On realising that the guests would be arriving at 8 AM and I have just 55 minutes to save myself from the ire of wifey, who as luck would have it got up at 6 AM (compared to the 7 AM that she gets up every day) and was making tea, I ran to the bathroom as if my life depended on it.

Thank god I did not mix up the Shaving Gel with the toothpaste else it literally would have left a bad taste in my mouth. After 25 minutes, the holy trinity of BRUSH, SHAVE and SHOWER was behind me as I emerged from the bathroom like a fine steed out of a stable.

The bell rang and I was ready, just like I had been ready for C.B.S.E, D.U and I.C.A.I. The guests started coming in and took their seats on the mattress which was spread across the floor of the living room. This was going to be a Religious marathon of 60 minutes and we had spiritual sprinters, runners and marathoners spread across the living room.

On your mark GET, SET and MEDITATE…………………………………………………………………………………………….

60 minutes passed and the mattress breathed a sigh of relief, as slowly the guests started moving towards the dining area. The first half of the POOJA PARTY was over and now it was time to PARTY (for the guests that is), the HOSTS (Me and Wifey) were supposed to serve the marathoners with GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE medals (from yesterday’s post). The ALOO POORI, BREAD ROLLS and SANDWICHES were out in full glory. The HALWA (I like it well done) was passed around with a lot of fervour and gaiety. The cut mangoes and melons were given a cold treatment (in the presence of the HALWA) and were sent back to the refrigerator.

The living and dining area was full with laughter as if India had defended the cricket world cup. No person, subject or materialistic thing was spared (pitfalls of heavy eating on a Sunday). However my mind was fixed elsewhere as I desperately wanted to be in the company of the one I adored –THE SUNDAY NEWSPAPER, but I knew that we (paper and I) would only be united with the evening cup of Tea (unlike the morning tea with newspaper drill).

After the BRUNCH (no not the HT BRUNCH, I was already missing VIR SANGHVI's column) and the chatter, it was time to say AU REVOIR, HASTA LA VISTA or the good old NAMASTE. The back was aching but the face was smiling, I wished if somebody seriously patted (and massaged) my back. As I crashed on the bed, my mind seemed to wonder...................... what will be in store for the NEXT WEEKEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment